According Annex IV of the Lift Directive 95/16/EC, the categories of the Safety Components for Lifts are as follows:
- Devices for locking landing doors.
- Safety gears and devices against unchecked car upward movements.
- Overspeed governors.
- Safety devices fitted to jacks of hydraulic power circuits where these are used as devices to prevent falls.
- Electric safety devices in the form of safety switches containing electronic components.
The services provided by TÜV AUSTRIA Hellas in the field of inspection and certification of lifts safety components are:
- EC type – examinations of Lifts Safety Components, according to annex Va of the Directive 95/16/EC
- Conformity to type with random checking of Lifts Safety Components according to annex XI of the Directive 95/16/EC.
The above described services are provided to companies that design and manufacture Lifts Safety Components.